Sunday 19 October 2014

He is LOVE

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Hard to believe, right? How can a pure, perfect and holy God loved a sinful person such as myself? How can He send His ONLY Son to die for me? The answer is so simple but hard to accept..

LOVE.

Everything God does is motivated by LOVE. Whether He disciplines you, breaks you, embraces you or takes you through stormy waters, He is motivated by LOVE. He cannot help but love. He IS LOVE. It's His very nature.

As a new believer, I often struggle with the ultimate truth that is God's love for me. I don't know how to accept such a love. I don't know how to accept love that is UNCONDITIONAL. It looks past all my flaws and faults. It looks past my past. It doesn't matter what I do or have done but that love is always there. It's constant. It is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. It doesn't decrease or increase. My actions won't change it. God CANNOT love me any more or any less than He already does. 

I think God's love for us is the most beautiful love story ever told. It's the most beautiful truth...

Here's another beautiful truth...WE ARE MADE IN HIS IMAGE. Just as He is love, so are we. Despite what lies the enemy and the world tell you, you are LOVE. The devil doesn't want you to know that though because he knows that perfect love casts out fear. The world is motivated by fear. Once the veil is removed from our eyes and we see the love God has placed in us to give to one another, evil will cease to exist.

Love one another as He has loved you.

I pray that whoever reads this begins to see the love God has for him/her. As God begins to reveal His love for you, I pray that you reveal His love for people by loving them as He loves them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


1 comment: